Marry well, because beauty fades and interest compounds.
I'm fairly sure I read this one somewhere, but I just can't remember where. I know that this sounds practical and potentially even politically incorrect, but - guess I'm only going to be sorry if I don't manage my wealth well.
I have reasons for this sentiment. Because I grew up poor. The lifestyle was poor. I understood what it meant to be hungry, to live in one room at a time, even if the one room is in a marbled palace, and hungry was to be in a kitchen full of luxurious yum. It doesn't belong to me. Maybe that's the underlying reason of my not being too greedy with food, too. Maybe.
Big on taste, small on portions.
But I digress. It's important to manage one's finances well. That includes marrying a person who have similar financial direction as you. Wait. Did I say direction? I meant financial styles and appetites. Marry well in that way#.
It doesn't matter if the other half is rich or poor, because if the financial mindset is right the person will become rich, and stay rich. I pray that while looking out for someone like that you are also becoming someone like that.
---
#Obviously, marry someone you like, because then you will grow to love the person - and enjoy the person's company throughout. There will be ups, there will be downs, but there needs to be friendship between this manner of partnership.
No comments:
Post a Comment